You are not only what you eat, but you are also what your mom ate. Find out interesting insights on nutrition and on how to manage overall health as we get to speak to Dr. Sreemathy Venkatraman.
Sreemathy is a leading clinical dietician and nutritionist with a distinguished track record spanning 17 years at premier tertiary care hospitals including the Manipal Hospital and the BGS Global Hospitals in Bangalore. She is a well-known speaker on subjects across the health, nutrition and fitness domain, has published books and written for publicaitons too.
She is also a Diabetes International UK certified diabetes educator, a member of the European Society of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition (ESPEN) and President of the Bangalore chapter of Indian Association of Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition (IAPEN).
Mums and Stories got to know on a few pointers that we got to know from this meet and they are:
- Gut microbiome determines your overall health.
- If you are planning for a baby, then it is important that as a couple, as parents right
food habits come into practice.
- First 1000 days is critical in a baby’s life and time and efforts needs to be invested for
- Don’t have a monotonous diet- Make it more colorful with varieties of fruits and
- Once you are baby is six months, start with complementary foods . This is not supplementary
which means it is not to replace breast milk but adding foods along with the continuation of breastfeeding for overall health of the baby.
- If you do not want picky eater at home, introduce variety of tastes like sweet, natural,
salt, bitter and more.
Also check the video interview here on our youtube channel-